Relocation Lawyer for Child Custody Modifications

Modification of Child Custody and Visitation

Practice Areas - Modification of Child Custody & Visitation - William Strachan Family Law, Huntington Beach, CANo court can prevent a parent from relocating to another city or state. However, courts are concerned with how a move will affect a child. A court can prevent relocation of a minor child if it fears that moving a child away from a noncustodial parent would have a detrimental impact on their relationship.

Now more than ever, people relocate because of their careers, personal lives, and personal preferences. Relocation issues, or move aways, are having a larger and more pronounced effect on child custody, visitation, and child support agreement modifications after a divorce. The Law Offices of William M. Strachan will represent parents who seek to relocate with a child, as well as parents looking to stop a child’s relocation. Contact us for a free initial consultation about a modification of a child custody and visitation agreement with an experienced lawyer.

In instances where there is not a joint custody arrangement, the noncustodial parent must show that the intended relocation would be detrimental to his relations with the children. If the noncustodial parent is able to show a move will be detrimental, the court will then determine whether a change of child custody is in the best interests of the children.

Move away cases are difficult and delicate procedures. If you are moving with your children, or want to prevent your children from moving, you should hire an attorney to represent your interests. To speak to an attorney about the relocation or move away of a child, contact us at the Law Offices of William M. Strachan for a free initial consultation. We represent people throughout California, including people in Santa Ana, Orange County, and Los Angeles.